Home sweet home

The flight home was exhausting and by the time the taxi finally dropped me off I had just enough energy left to soak in a hot bubble bath before crawling into bed. I sleep right through the night and also missed most of the next morning as I only surfaced just before lunchtime. It felt so strange to be back home again I was actually scared that the entire adventure might have been just a dream, luckily all the sand in my shoes was enough to convince me that it was all very real.

I spend the afternoon sorting out my luggage and some of the bits and pieces I picked up on my trip. I still have a good supply of high quality dried food and a few bottles of shower-in-a-can that I want keep for my next trip.

I sent away the stones I picked up in the desert to be cut by a local jeweler and they turned out beautifully, I will have to invest in a display case at some point to showcase all my travel memorabilia.





A few days after I got back I found a pamphlet in my mailbox from a new beauty salon that has opened up near my house, so I decided to treat myself to a makeover. The consultant was so sweet and I felt very pampered. He cut my hair in a very short straight bob and helped me pick out a new outfit that is comfortable yet slightly more feminine than my normal jeans and t-shirts. I'm still getting use to my new hairstyle but I think it looks and feels great and it will be much easier to care for when I'm traveling.





I was getting really tired of always waiting for a taxi so I went to the local car dealer and bought my first car, a brand new Renault Tizzy. Its a little electric car that is not only better for the environment but I also think it is just too cute for words.





It’s been a fun week back at home but I'm already looking forward to my next trip back to Al Simhara. My ticket is booked and my bags are all packed and ready to go. Now I just have to count the days till I leave again.

Love,
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment