Back to Al Simhara

I'm finally back in Al Simhara and it feels like I never left. I got into base camp late last night but this time there was no confusion, I knew exactly where everything was and it took almost no time to get my tent sorted out before I could go and relax around the camp fire.

At first light I was up and ready to go, I decided to head to the market for an early breakfast and to do some browsing at the market stalls. After breakfast I met up with Inji and she explained that Morcu Corp is looking for a strain of Flame Fuit that is said to only grow in the Tomb of the Burning Sands, I have been waiting for an opportunity like this so I offered to go to the Tomb and retrieve the fruit.





She seemed suprised that at my offer but accepted it non-the-less and has even offered to pay me for my time and trouble. This is brilliant, not only will I get to explore this ancient tomb but I'm even getting payed to do it.

After talking to Inji for a while I found a little bookshop in the market and bough a cooking book that teaches you how to make Shawarmas and a reference book called South of the Simhara to read up more on the local culture.





Back at base camp I had a last look though my backpack to make sure I have all the supplies I will need to survive in the desert for a few days. It might be best to get to bed early tonight so that I will be well rested when I set out towards the tomb in the morning.

Nite nite everyone.

Love,
Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment