Tomb of the Burning Sands

I got a few good hours of sleep but woke up around 2am - and after that there was just no way of going back to sleep. I decided I might as well pack up camp and get going before the sun comes up again.

It was just as well that I filled all my water containers before leaving Camp Moon, the desert sun seemed extra hot and I really hoped that I would reach the tomb before nightfall.

As I climbed up yet another big sand dune I suddenly saw the tomb in the distance. It was an incredible sight and I got so excited I forgot all about the scorching heat and my poor aching feet. I just wanted to get there as fast as I could.




By the time I finally reached the tomb it was getting dark again, I knew it would be foolish to try and enter an unknown tomb in the dark so I reluctantly decided to wait until morning before trying to find the legendary Flame Fruit that is supposed to grow somewhere within its passages.

Standing at the foot of this amazing wonder I can hardly believe how much my life has changed in the past few months since I set out on this new path. I feel so much more at peace in my heart and I know that this is where I am meant to be.




Love,
Harriet

2 comments:

  1. Amazing place, glad you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I can't wait to start exploring - Harriet

    ReplyDelete