Flame Fruit

After a few hours sleep I packed up my tent and headed deeper into the tomb in serch of more flame fruit.

In one of the passages I found a few ancient coins, they were quite a bit bigger and rougher than our modern money. I will have to examine them more closely once I get out of here.





I almost walked straight into a firetrap but luckily managed to avoid it and got it disarmed before it singed me.





Further down the way was blocked by piles of rubble, it was hard work clearing a path but I was determined not to give up. I eventually managed to make a big enough opening for me to get through.

I found another stone dive well and at the bottom there was a tunnel that led to a secret chamber. There were magnificent drawings and writings all round the walls of this room.

After much exploring I discovered a hidden door in one of the wall panels, beyond that was a small room just big enough to house a dive well. At the bottom of the well was a lever that opened a door to a stone treasure chess. The lid was very heavy but once opened I found fragments of a sarcophagus inside.





I made my way back to the chamber with all the writing on the walls, there was a door on the furthest wall and when I walked through it I could hardly believe my eyes. I was standing in a beautiful chamber with statues in the corners, pictographs on the walls and there in the middle of the floor a small garden of flame fruit plants. Their glow lit up the chamber and I could hardly get myself to move. I just stood there staring at them, it was amazing to see so many ripe fruit in the same place.







I finally pulled myself together and carefully picked the ripe fruit. I wonder if it would be possible to grow these back home. I will have to do some research on gardening.

I spend a few more hours exploring the chamber where I found the fruit before deciding to head back to the entrance. When I finally stepped out of the tomb the sun was just starting to rise, so with one last look at the pyramids I set off back to Camp Moon.

Love,
Harriet

2 comments:

  1. Needs more action! Harriet should have caught fire and jumped into a dark pool of liquid with a strange fog over the surface only for her to discover it's a pool of scarabs. Short version, she then gets chased by scarabs, Mummies, a Pharoh and Anubis for good measure, to the Benny Hill music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha good one Aiden - remember she is still only starting out as an adventurer - once she gets more confident and goes deeper into the tombs I'm sure she will have a few narrow escapes :-)

    ReplyDelete